Welcome contemporary romance author, Kelly Eadon...




Hi Kelly & welcome to my blog! It's great to have you here - I'm looking forward to finding out more about you and your writing. Wishing you lots of sales and success with your latest release, THE WEDDING DATE. Let's start with my questions...

1.) What is the strangest talent you have?

Cursing.  I’m oh-so-good at cursing while pretending to be a lady.  My talent grows if I’m wearing high heels and/or pearls.

2.) What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
A few years back I was a bag of marijuana.  I bought a super-sized Ziploc bag, filled it with Spanish peat moss, then hung it around my neck and wore a green shirt underneath. I was not allowed to hand out candy to the kids that year.

3.) Are the titles of your books important? 

When I wrote my first book I thought of it as “The Wedding Date”, but there was a movie out by that title so I queried it as something else.  Imagine my surprise when my editor decided to call it The Wedding Date!  I usually defer to my editor on titles and cover images, but I’m lucky to work with a publishing house that values the input of its authors.

4.) If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it?

I have to take a break from it, get out of my house and get out of my head.  Usually a work out, or a walk with the dogs does the trick.  I find that if I stop forcing it, the scene or the dialogue will come to me later when I’m least expecting.  
Also wine.  If I sit down with a glass of wine and stop obsessing over the computer, I often get new ideas.

5.) Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above?  

All of the above.  I’ve been actively involved in animal rescue since college.  We’ve fostered more than fifty dogs and cats and we own four cats and two dogs.  Most of our dogs and cats are what we call “foster failures”, meaning we took them with plans to find them a different home….then didn’t.  They each have unique personalities, so they’ve all stolen their own little pieces of my heart.

6.) Who’s your favourite author? Why?  

It’s hard to pick just one.  But if you really made me, I’d probably choose Barbara Kingsolver.  I love how she writes complex, relatable characters and takes them on journeys I never could have imagined.

7.) Do you have a pet peeve?  

When my editor tells me to make a scene funnier.  I can’t control the things that come out of my mouth or the words that fly from my fingers, otherwise I might know better than to say or write them in the first place!  

8.) Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?

Sometimes!  The best ones make their way into my books.


Blurb:

A LITTLE FAKE RELATIONSHIP NEVER HURT ANYONE . . . 

Kate Massie has big dreams-they just haven't worked out. Yet. In the meantime, she spends her days clerking for a judge and her nights fantasizing about her tall, dark, and sexy gym crush. So when she runs into him one night, she's shocked to realize he was her shy, nerdy junior-prom date. But that isn't where the surprises end . . . 

James Abell needs a date to his sister's wedding. So when Kate agrees, he's relieved . . . until one little lie turns their wedding date into a full-blown fake relationship. Only it doesn't feel fake-not the toe-curling kisses and definitely not the electricity. Neither of them is looking for something real . . . but they just might fall for their own little white lie.


My website is www.kellyeadon.com.  
Twitter: @keauthor  

No comments

Post a Comment