Welcome UK Harper Impulse author, Mandy Baggot...



Good morning, Mandy! So happy to have you here today - how have you been since the RNA conference in July? It was great that we got to speak and catch up. I have Made In Nashville on my Kindle and it is next in line after the book I am reading now. I will post a review once I'm done! Okay, over to you...

1.     What is your favorite dessert?
I don’t know why I chose to answer this one because I’m actually not a big dessert fan. But I am a big food fan. I love a buffet, lots of different choices and plenty of it. I love Indian, Italian, English, Mexican – you name it I love it. Of course my desert island food would be mashed potato…do I have to name a favorite dessert? OK, chocolate ice cream!

2.     Do you prefer a man in a tuxedo, uniform, jeans and flannel or Speedos?
This very much depends on the man! I prefer my husband in jeans and not much else and, to me, him wearing a suit means he only has business on his mind. I’m not really into smart-looking men and most of my recent heroes have been down-dressers! By my latest one is a fireman so it’s uniform that’s doing it for me!

3.     High heels, sneakers or flip-flops?
Definitely flip-flops! If I’m not in flip-flops you’ll find me in cowboy boots. I have two pairs of shoes I consider to be ‘going out’ shoes and I only wear them on special occasions or if I don’t have to walk too far. My motto is: Never wear a pair of shoes you can’t run in. You never know when you might need to run!

Love ABC/More4’s Nashville? Fall in love with a story that’ll drag you into the heart of the country music scene.
Battle scars, broken contracts and a returning star with a point to prove.  Fists are flying faster than award nominations and emotions run even higher. 
Country rebel and rock star, Jared ‘Jed’ Marshall is hot property on the Tennessee music scene in more ways than one. He’s wild, he’s sexy and everybody wants a piece of him. But when he sets his sights on singer Honor Blackwood, is it pure attraction or just distraction on his mind?
Visit the home of country music and get ready for the finger-picking read of the year!

‘Do you want the Gretsch?’
‘I think I’ll pass. Actually, Miss Blackwood…may I call you Honor?’ He didn’t wait for a reply. ‘I wanted to ask for your help.’
This was Larry. Whoever this guy was it was something to do with Larry. She just knew it. He’d be a reporter – wait, perhaps not, given the clothes. Maybe he was someone from a TV music show or someone new from the record company. He’d been sent here to persuade her to cut new material. That’s why he’d been so keen to help her finish her song. Well, she hadn’t decided yet and the more pushing that went on the more she’d back away.
‘I’m sorry. I can’t,’ she said, taking a step away from him.
‘You don’t know what I’m gonna ask you yet,’ he responded.
‘I know who sent you. And I haven’t made a decision yet. You can tell Larry that when I make up my mind I’ll tell him directly. He doesn’t need to send some…someone like you,’ Honor snapped, her eyes flashing with defiance.
‘No one sent me here. Well, that isn’t quite the truth…you sent me here. You and that voice you have.’ He lifted his head, set his eyes on her and she swallowed. Underneath the brim of the baseball cap was a pair of grey eyes. But instead of being cold or harsh there was a density and intensity about them. A sexy heat.
‘My name’s Jared Marshall…Jed Marshall and I’m lookin’ for a supportin’ artist for my upcomin’ tour. I was kinda hopin’ it would be you,’ he continued.
Jed Marshall. She’d heard that name. She’d heard that name a lot. She’d sold a large quantity of CDs with his name on the front. The cover had a Confederate flag on it. This was him. He was a successful recording artist. Not a down-and-out who was going to rob the store. And then what he’d asked her hit her like a train.
‘I think you’ve got me confused with someone else.’ She hurried the words out and turned away from him, picking up some leaflets about an upcoming rock festival from the counter.
‘You were a platinum-sellin’ artist not so long ago. I know what happened but…’ Jared started.
‘Everyone knows what happened. It’s written all over the right side of my face!’
She’d lost control. Rage was bubbling under her skin, waiting to pop out. Instinctively she pulled at her hair, tried to hide the mark behind a section of dark curls. She wanted him to leave. Just go away and leave her on her own. She didn’t want what seemed to be daily reminders lately of the person she used to be.
He took the guitar from across his body and leant it up against a snare drum. Her breathing still rapid, she watched as he un-tucked his t-shirt from his jeans and began to pull it upwards. A ripped six-pack was revealed, along with the edge of two large tattoos at each side of his torso, but his fingers went to the middle of his abdomen.
‘It’s faded a little now, but it runs from my breastbone down to my navel. I came off my bike and I swear they used half a cow to put me back together.’ She tried to hold it in but it was no good, a smile was at her lips.
‘But me and the cow parts, we get on with things. Because now is all we have. Can’t go back and change the then,’ Jared said, covering himself back up.

Mandy Baggot is an award-winning romantic fiction author, writing hot heroes and emotional reads.
Represented by Kate Nash of the Kate Nash Literary Agency she is also a contributor to writing blogs, magazines and short story anthologies and regularly takes part in fiction festivals and literary events.
Mandy loves mashed potato, white wine, country music, Corfu, shoes and handbags. She has appeared on ITV1's Who Dares Sings and auditioned for The X-Factor.
Mandy is a member of the Romantic Novelists' Association and lives near Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK with her husband, two daughters and cats, Kravitz and Springsteen.
Visit her website at http://www.mandybaggot.com/
Latest release: Made in Nashville – http://smarturl.it/buymadeinnashville

Mandy is waiting to chat! Questions?? Comments??



1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today, Rachel! I loved answering your questions! So much fun at the RNA conference too!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete